On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 12:41 PM Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2020-05-06 at 11:37 -0400, Ken Giusti wrote:
> > -1
> >
> > My qdrouterd stress test [0] hangs as it runs out of file descriptors
> > with
> > 0.31.0-rc2.
> > The same test runs successfully using 0.30.0.
>
> Can you clarify if this test incidentally ran out of fds and then hung,
> or intentionally tests running out of fds.

The test does not expect to run out of fds.  The test cycles through
starting about 100 client connections, runs traffic, then closes the
clients.  Repeat 1000 times.
Fd's start running out around cycle 21-22 when run against 0.31.0-rc2.

> It does sound in either case a lot like the issue that Cliff saw.

Agreed.  He's already got a reproducer - I gave him details on running my
test [0] as well.

[0]
https://github.com/kgiusti/dispatch-tester/tree/master/smoke-tests/2router1broker