If you have exceptions then please provide the stacktraces, it may
contain context helpful in itself which the messages doesnt
(particularly when the exception message appears to be, the peer did
not specify an error message).

There haven't been many significant changes since 0.45.0 I would
expect could alter behaviour in this space. Most or all of those were
made to address bugs or change behaviours identified from your reports
both with 0.45.0 and subsequent releases.

Its difficult to reason much at all from the information available, however...

There are a variety of ways I might not expect to receive an exception
in the listener upon detaching, such as if the error was already
reported (something did, unclear what from the minimal
detail...posting the rest more may or may not make it clearer), or the
resource was previously / is currently being attempted to be locally
closed, or the parent session / connection was closed (which naturally
implicitly closes their children, but doesnt provoke a storm of
related exceptions), and i'm sure there are others.

You may also have blocked the thread again somehow, as has happened
before in your use case, perhaps stopping further issues being
communicated.

You also previously reported unexpected 'disabling subscription'
behaviour as a client bug, whereby 0.56.0 reported the very exceptions
you are now indicating it didnt, when really it was the server that
just didnt do what you expected, perhaps that is true here as well?

We do have a test that shows the client fires the exception listener
when a consumer with listener is remotely closed, though it's
certainly possible your somewhat more elaborate use case is getting
into a corner case, but I dont immediately see one, and again not much
has changed in those areas.

It's of course worth adding the obvious, that while a consumer not
receiving messages could indeed indicate an issue with it, it doesn't
necessarily. It may just not have been given any.

Robbie