From: MARK HARTNETT <m_hartn...@comcast.net>
Date: Thursday, May 2, 2024 at 9:45 AM
To: "users@royale.apache.org" <users@royale.apache.org>
Subject: JS questions

EXTERNAL: Use caution when clicking on links or opening attachments.

Hi all,
All of my errors right now are null references.

In this code gp.hpc crashes because hpc is null at this point.
In Flex, I didn't care about that because once init() was done it was no longer
null.

<ns7:CustomButtonBar id="topCBB"
btnA="['Home','Statistics','Network','MCA Grid']"
btnBoxA="{[gp.hpc, gp.statisticsCtrl, gp.siteNetworkCtrl, gp.dgBOX]}"
itemH="36"
fntSz="16"/>

With JS  the null hpc throws an error.
Moving those variables to creationComplete solves the problem.

What is the difference with JS binding and Flex in terms of timing and object
creation?
Is there a a bead that allows nulls?

Thanks