The CORs policy restricts unknown servers from exchanging data. Tomcat needs a
CorsFilter.jar and CorsFilter defined in the Tomcat6/conf/Web.xml and an entry
for localhost:3000.  I did that and still the same error.

When I press the login button, the connection is actually successful. I see it
in the db log.
Somewhere between the connection and the return the cors error is thrown.
"http://localhost:3000' has been blocked by CORS policy" - Seems to say Tomcat
did the blocking

It's funny that I need to get by the login screen to work on the rest of the
system.

Access to XMLHttpRequest at
'http://localhost:8080/rootmodel/securityCommand.flex?reqType=login&userId=randy&userPwd=steak'
 from origin 'http://localhost:3000' has been blocked by CORS policy: No
'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.