On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
>>... That's a nice model but IIUC Carsten earlier in this thread OSGi
>> capabilities cannot be created at runtime so that won't work for
>> service users or access rights.
>
> I just had the crazy idea that we could generate them at runtime by
> creating an artifical bundle providing the capabilities. When the
> capabilities change, that bundle could be updated....

I like crazy ideas in general, but service users might appear later
during startup, at a time where bundles that need them are already
started so not sure if the dynamics would work.

If we want to keep the usual dynamics of OSGi, the service model is
probably better - IIRC we are already using somewhere fake services
with properties that act like capabilities, something like depending
on a ServiceUserPresent(target="my-service-user") service. I forgot
where that is.

-Bertrand