Hi all,

After 2 weeks of waiting on Daycare to respond, I’m reaching out here, as I
think this is more Apache Sling related than AEM specific.

I’m trying to successfully make an AEM primary author from a cold standby
author, but it fails.
It fails because all our OSGi components with config bound to the ‘author’
runmode doesn’t get installed after switching runmode.

I looked at the source code, but it seems there is no way to trigger the
JcrInstaller to re-initialize all OSGi config stored in the repository.
Is there any way to do that?

A more detailed explanation of our process:

You start by creating a standby author instance from a primary instance
(runmode “author” is active).
The OSGi configuration for our components is stored in sling:OsgiConfig nodes
in the JCR below “config.author” folders.
It is properly installed by the JCR Installer and the config files can be found
in the launchpad/config folder on disk.

We shut down the instance, and remove all our OSGi config from the
launchpad/config folder on disk.
We do that to avoid our components getting active in the standby runmode as
this is not wanted.
The OSGi config stored in the launchpad/config folder on disk is used, not the
OSGi config from the JCR.
I think this is *issue (1)*.

We start the instance with runmode “standby”.
All is fine, AEM is acting as a standby instance, and our components are not
active.

We restart the instance, but now give it the runmode “author” again.
We would expect all OSGi configuration from the sling:OsgiConfig nodes below
“config.author” folders would become installed by the OSGi framework, but in
fact, it does not.
This is *issue (2)*.
AEM acts as an author instance again, but all our components are not active
because they don’t have any OSGi config (launchpad/config is empty).

How can I fix this?
Or is this a situation Apache Sling can’t handle?

Kind regards,

Wim Symons
AEM Lead Architect
Digital Production Center

wim.sym...@vrt.be<mailto:wim.sym...@vrt.be>
Auguste Reyerslaan 52
B-1043 Brussel

[VRT logo]<http://www.vrt.be/>

-- Disclaimer --
Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroeporganisatie
Auguste Reyerslaan 52
1043 Brussel

nv van publiek recht
BTW BE 0244.142.664