Well, I can't find it in the manual either! I had to go back to
previous mail to find it, but you can add:

SOGoThreadedView = YES; (or defaults write sogod SOGoThreadedView YES
if you are using the XML version)

and then an option will appear in the mail tab of preferences for user
to turn on option if desired.

This should probably be added to the manual as newcomers will not even
know it exists.

Steve