Le 26/01/2012 10:04, Pascal Gienger a écrit :
> Le 26/01/2012 09:41, Alessio Fattorini a écrit :
>> Il 25/01/2012 21:08, Mirko Stoffers ha scritto:
>>> Hi Georg,
>>>
>>> in my opinion the web interface is not meant to be the primary interface
>>> for extensive mail management. It is rather meant to be used on PCs
>>> where you don't want (be allowed) to install a fat client since you do
>>> not use them every day.
>>
>> +1
>

> The problem lies in the wrong assumption which collides with the reality.
>
> As I can see here, people want WEB. More, they want APP on their mobile
> phone. They're not capable (or maybe not wanting) to configure their
> mail App on their Pad or Phone and they try to search for an "Uni
> Konstanz Mail App" (in our case).

Part which I forgot:

So to address the greatest possible audience, the web interface of SOGo
is the key to success.

All these little functions which are not implemented yet (like "Mark all
messages as read") will be the killer feature - "Thunderbird in the
cloud". That's what people want.

I also saw iPad owners using SOGo with their Mobile Safari (because they
did not find an App for it).

Local storage is dead. Local software on desktop and notebook computers
is dead. It is up to us to adapt to stay within the audiences' interest.

--
Pascal Gienger     Jabber/XMPP/Mail: pascal.gien...@uni-konstanz.de
University of Konstanz, IT Services Department ("Rechenzentrum")