We are using SOGo with OpenChange in a production environment.

However, we are using a previous ZEG that did not include Samba.

To add users, we cloned them from the 'sogo' user in the LDAP module via Webmin.

It's quite simple to do, and then we ran 'cyradm' to create the mailbox, and that was it.

Since your ZEG does not have 'cyrus' and since it has Samba, I am unsure what to tell you.

We created Linux users first, then cloned the LDAP properties (since it authenticates via LDAP) via Webmin and created the Cyrus mailbox (as you already know) I'd say it depends on where it authenticates.