Thanks everyone. OK, so here's the deal. I've been putting together some custom scripts that fully automate the process of re-configuring the ZEG for your domain/environment. Usage is:

    custom_zeg  <new_domain>

So far it works way cool. The script has a "-r" switch that will completely reverse the customization and revert the ZEG back to it's original state (custom_zeg -r). The thing I'm missing is a completed "add_sogo_user" script. It currently adds users to the Samba/OpenChange side, but as per my question, is missing the web authentication piece. As soon as I can get that working, I will publish my scripts to the group.

-- Scott