I've  got the exact same problem, there is no sync whatsoever happening to
Google Contacts/Gmail any more. This was working until very recently, and there
hasn't been any change in the setup on my part.

The problem is not a generic CardDAV one. CardDAV is all fine and dandy when
syncing to iOS, it's just the SOGo part that's broken.

For the record, while Google will stop supporting CalDAV, I haven' heard
anything indicating that they are pulling CardDAV support. It definitely hasn't
happened and, for all I know, hasn't been announced.

Cheers,

Michael