> On 22 Jan 2015, at 16:38, lis...@outlook.de wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> when using Activesync the battery of my iPhone drains significantly. The log
> shows a lot of entries with
>
> Change detected, we push the content
>
> tcpdump and verbose logging are showing constantly connections to the IMAP-
> server. Seems like activesync wakes up the iphone permanently due to alleged
> changes (which are in fact not there).
>
> I tried different iOs devices, different servers (debian, Ubuntu), the latest
> nighty build of SOGo, nginx and apache, all without success. That makes SOGo
> Activesync unusable for me.
>
> Any ideas concerning the reason?

There have been quite a lot of suggestions regarding this on mailing list, try
searching the Archives.

My advice would be:

1. Disable Push and use Fetch as email retrieval method (every 15 min). This
should improve your battery life dramatically
2. There has been someone on mailing list mentioning that if there is another
device behind the same NAT taking to your IMAP server (e.g. Thunderbird) at the
the same time as your EAS client it’ll fool the server into the endless loop
(some can confirm this?)
3. Don’t use EAS on iOS. Since iOS has built in IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV
support I see no reason to use EAS at all (other then ease of initial
configuration). You can achieve the same results with separate mail, calendar
and contacts account, EAS on iOS does not bring any advantage over that (quite
the opposite).

Best Regards
Martin.--