On Friday, January 23, 2015 06:50 AM CST, Martin Simovic <mar...@netson.sk>
wrote:
  On 23 Jan 2015, at 10:01, Petr Mandelík <p...@mandelik.com> wrote: 1) Works.
But I have another mailbox on MS Exchange server with Push enables and it
nevers falls in endless loop. Therefore there must be something wrong with
SOGo. Indeed. Push *should* work without impact on battery life, unfortunately
not with SOGo ATM. 2) It was me who wrote about NAT. Now after many days of
testing and many other combinations of  SOGo parameters I must say the problem
with endless loop is much more complex and unpredictable. It is just my
personal empirical observation but definitely there is no direct relation
between parameters and endless loop. Sometimes it falls to endless loop even
after another action. For example after adding new entry to calendar on my
laptop. I think I found following workaround...if I switch off task syncing on
my iPhone for a while and again switch it on, the communication "heartbeat"
will slow down and goes back to the limits according SOGo parameters. In my
opinion there must be something wrong in sogo deamon. Meaning how sogo server
handles changes and pushing them to EAS device. Nevertheless even the setup of
my iPhone has an impact on it. Maybe...just my hypothesis...when I re-enable
syncing of tasks...SOGo will do some kind of initial sync which synchronize
correct way my iPhone. After this action it works for a while. Ah, thanks.  3)
EAS brings very significant advantage to common users...easy setup.And nothing
more than that I am afraid. From any other perspective and performance impact
on client/server IMAP/CalDAV/CardDAV combo is far superior, at least for the
time being. RegardsMartin.
It isn't just the "simple setup" that makes it useful for certain users. In our
case we can only have port 80 and 443 open to the internet. So IMAP is a no go.
Activesync is a great solution for this. However I have never had good luck
with the sogo implementation of it. We have been using zpush on a separate
server successfully since nearly the beginning of using sogo though. I just
wish I could get it to work with calendars and contacts easily. Email is
flawless.