On 10/09/2015 01:29 PM, Christian Eichert wrote:
I am a bit confused about SOGo
It looks to be a nice combination of webmail calendar and addressbook.

I have installed it and configured it as best I can, (of course its not working yet, else everybody would use it) and now I reached the point where it comes to the user configuration. I am using Dovecot with Postfix and virtual users in a MySQL database.

Now SOG is demanding a LDAP usermanagement.
Is there a way to access this already existing user database I am using with dovecot?
Hi Christian,

I don't think SOGo is demanding LDAP, you can also use SQL for example. (see manual page 31). But I wouldn't try to extend an existing database with the needed tables as if there are sql updates in newer versions of SOGo....

There is another thread [1] from 2012 regarding the similar issue and Christian Mack mentioned creating a view which collects the data from existing tables.

Regards
Peter

[1] https://lists.inverse.ca/sogo/arc/users/2012-09/msg00288.html