Hello,
i had the same problem, with postgres script : db update removes all user
tables.
It seems a critical bug : if this is the result expected, a big warning should
be printed before the execution, otherwise a patch is needed to keep user data
safe.

On 30 May 2016 at 12:00, from Christian Mack :
Hello

Those db scripts are only neccessary, if you want to change your db schema to 9
Tables.

After doing so, you have to change your SOGo config accordingly.