Hi,

Am 12.11.20 um 06:08 schrieb Gordon Messmer (gordon.mess...@gmail.com):
> On 11/11/20 1:42 PM, Ludovic Marcotte" (lmarco...@inverse.ca) wrote:
>> You certainly don't want your users starting to toy around that value
>> from the Thunderbird's GUI - it'll mess everything.
>

> I never understood why those settings had to be in the extension and not
> in an autoconfig file, for example:
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Thunderbird/Autoconfiguration/FileFormat/HowTo

Because not everyone has a autoconfig server at their disposal and you
have to manage SRV-Records for any maildomain and stuff...

The new policy engine via policies.json (or via GPO, or Apple MDM) on
the other hand would be nice - and would work for everyone and you can
lock the settings this way.

So you could build one plugin that works for everyone enterprise and end
users.

Greetings

Lukas Wringer