PS: I am not so used to top-posting on MLs.

My question is - what is the problem with using the same DB? SOGo uses it'd
own tables, which you can drop at will.
After all, it's the same DB server!
You will not _easily_ achieve what you want with two separate databases.
Note *easily*. And I can assure you there isn't already a solution in the
public domain.
If you create the VIEW as I shared before, your problem is solved and you
are home and dry. In fact even this discussion would have ended :-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,