Hi,

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 10:11 PM DEPRÉ Gaëtan - NGServers . com <
users@sogo.nu> wrote:

> >> If my understanding is correct, You are using multiple (probably two)
> user databases? Different for SOGo and different for IMAP server (probably
> Dovecot/Courrier)?
>

> You’re right. I didn’t want to use my mailserver database, because of
> populating of SOGo (it creates 3 tables per user especially terminating
> with ‘_acl’ & ‘_quick’ & I wanted to keep my mailserver database clean).
>

> The two databases used are ‘mailserver’ & ‘sogo’.
>

> I realize with your answers that we have no other choice than using the
> same DB. Creating custom script that would be executed while doing an
> action could help 😊
>

> Another idea would be to create a new directive, telling which is the
> mailserver users Db/password field and allowing SOGo to act in it while
> changing password, for example.

You certainly can use a separate database for sogo tables and different one
for users (the same one that IMAP Server uses). We are currently using the
same setup.

But you will have to create a view in the user database and in the SOGo
settings use this view to the user database in SOGoUserSources
attribute viewURL. And you will have a clean database of users and a
separate database for sogo profiles etc. So You will end up with the same
user source for IMAP and for SOGo.

I understand why You want to have this setup. It is clean and easier to
maintain, backup and restore.

Best regards,

Patrik