Hello Alain,

thanks for the information and the plain text as well. ;-)

On 01.11.23 22:51, "alain25" (s...@osnetworking.com) wrote:
I still have a 501 error despite the changes:

As long as you have errors in your /var/log/sogo/sogo.log then it's very likely that your sogod isn't running and so you'll have 501 errors.

If I were you I would throw away the configs you downloaded somewhere with content like this:

1) please attach your current /etc/sogo/sogo.conf file _complete_ (passwords
censored of course)

     OCSEMailAlarmsFolderURL =
"mysql://userDB:Password@192.168.10.250:3306/sogosogo_alarms_folder";

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^

[...]
     SOGoTimeZone = "Africa/Nairobi";

-----------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I doubt you check the whole file if all parameters really suits your needs. ;-)

2) please attach your _complete_ Apache vHost config file(s) from
/etc/apache2/sites-available that is/are currently enabled (and therefore
linked to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled)

And here you mixed the vHost config file with the SOGo config file. That's not the SOGo standard configuration:

# Webmail Interface
<VirtualHost *:80>
         ServerAdmin ad...@davenet.fr
         ServerName webmail.davenet.fr
         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/webmail-ssl-error_log
         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/webmail-ssl-access_log common
         LogLevel warn

#SOGo

Alias /SOGo.woa/WebServerResources/ \
       /usr/lib/GNUstep/SOGo/WebServerResources/
Alias /SOGo/WebServerResources/ \
       /usr/lib/GNUstep/SOGo/WebServerResources/

[...]

Of course you can do that, but e. g. if there are updates you have to check if there are any changes and so on.

So again and IMHO: restart your setup with the config files as close as possible to the SOGo and (in your case) Apache standard. I already wrote my suggestions in one of my former mails. Important: check every option and read the respective documentation to fully understand their meaning, use only the needed options and change their values to your needs.

Start with:

1) a working database access (verify that you can login with the SOGo db user from the the SOGo host to the db host)

2) minimal necessary changes in the original /etc/sogo/sogo.conf that you have a running sogod in the end

Tuning etc. may follow later.

If sogod is running without any errors you can config the Apache vHost and see if http://192.168.1.10/SOGo

Or did you accept Odhiambo's offer in between and his remote support already helped to get a running SOGo server?

Regards,
Markus