> > It makes life easier if you stuff a few related lists into a single
> > mailbox.
>
> "Doc, it hurts when I do this."
>
> "Then stop doing that."
>
> Hierarchy is a good thing. Move the lists to separate folders under a
> container folder. I'm filing this list to
> mail/Lists/Mail/SpamAssassin.
> (The dev list goes in a separate folder.)

Which then means I have to keep track of a dozen folders, which is
something I don't need to do for the very few messages on this list that
are even remotely relevant.

It's obvious there are strong feelings on both sides of the isse. I was
simply answering a well-stated question about how it would make life
easier. My point is seriously valid for a lot of people whether it is
for you or not.

However, like I've said before, I don't expect any change in this list
and I'm learning to deal with it in other ways-- one of those NOT being
making a dozen new folders to check every day. But if the option was
available to prepend a list ID, I'd use it. If not, oh well, it's not
the only list without one.