> > Which then means I have to keep track of a dozen folders, which is
> > something I don't need to do for the very few messages on
> this list that
> > are even remotely relevant.
>
> How do you determine relevance? When I open my SA Users folder in the
> morning, it typically has a 100 messages in it, so I skim
> down the threads
> to see what looks interesting. Most of my lists get 3-10 messages
> overnight, but several get more than 50. Dumping all that
> into one folder would be a nightmare.

If the lists were unrelated, yes it would. But in my case, I've got my
lists grouped by subject. SpamAssassin and related technolgies get
dumped in one folder. I don't read much of the list-- only what looks
interesting. However, I'm involved in the development end on one of the
projects and I need to read most if not all the messages on that list--
which aren't many, I admit. So I think I've got my server-based rules
set up to color the messages now so they stand out in the folder-- which
is probable better than subject-tagging, but is more work and server
overhead on my end.

Anyway, I didn't ask for the subject tag. Was merely answering a
question of how it would help someone. Again, it's obvious to me that
there are way to many people against it here to even bother. You might
as well try to convince Mac users that PCs are better... You'd have as
much success.

Bret