"Loren Wilton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-10-01 15:13]:
> > On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:56:01 -0600, Shane Hickey
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > So, I take it that no one is seeing these weird spamd delays but
> > > me?
> Rats.
>
> Hum.  Are you also perchance out of swap space as well as memory?

I posted some graphs of my Mem and Swap utilization under 3.0 and 2.64 but I
didn't realize provide a legend.  The green is memory/swap used and the blue is
free.  You can see that under 3.0 (the first half of the graph) about 1/2 of my
swap was used and under 2.64, just a tiny fraction is used.  The memory graph
is less dramatic.

I'm hearing a lot of talk about BigEvil and I am running that rule (I emerged
spamassassin-ruledujour in Gentoo, which includes a collection of 3rd party
rules).  However, I'm fond of many of these rules, so I think I'll just keep
running 2.64 for the time being since it seems to handle these rules without
completely devouring all my swap and ram.

http://www.howsyournetwork.com/mem-day.png
http://www.howsyournetwork.com/swap-day.png

Shane

--
Shane Hickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Network/System Consultant
GPG KeyID: 777CBF3F