On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Luis Hernán Otegui wrote:

Well, a weekend update:
Nothing has changed here. I removed EVERYTHING (except for local.cf)
from /etc/mail/spamassassin, and still it chews as much memory as it
could get. I limited the number of childs to five (removed the -m
switch in the startup script), and nothing changed. The only
"improvement" was that instead of 20 processes claiming all the
memory, there were only five trying to freeze my box... But the oldest
one still is a big memory grabber: It reached up to 133 MB, and NEVER
got any lower, it just keeps grabbing and grabbing memory... Seems
pretty much strange to me...

Same thing I saw, except in my case, it was 320MB. Once a child had it, it never let it go until terminated (or hit the default 200 connection limit).

[...]

--
Jon Trulson    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962