Dear all,

I am a Ph.D. student that works in Hanover (Germany). I am currently studying
the distribution of spam mails and e-mail addresses. For that I am gathering
some information from e-mail distributions of institutions and also
individuals. I developed a script that gathers the information from
auto-whitelists and, because of privacy issues, hashes the e-mail addresses.
Therefore I just get the distribution of the auto-whitelist but there is not
problem with privacy as the e-mails are not available.

The information I get is how many e-mails were sent and which is the average
score. With this information I get the distribution of for example how much
spam that institution/university receives.

I would like to ask you if it would be possible that you provide me with that
information from your institution and/or individual machine. I attach the
script which takes only some seconds. It is in perl so it is really easy to
see what it does so you could check that it does exactly what I say and no
security would be compromised. It will create too files: one with the e-mail
addresses in plain text and another one with them hashed. I am interested in
the hashed one.

Please, don't send your answer to the mailing list because of the attachments.
I promise to keep you informed of the results I gather from that
information and post here the statistics as e.g. average percentage of spam
received so you would all know about it.

I would like to thank you all for your attention and hopefully your help too.

Best regards,

--
     Daniel Olmedilla
     Learning Lab Lower Saxony (L3S)

     Phone: +49 (0)511 762.9741 / +49 (0)511 7621.9714
     Fax:     +49 (0)511 762.9779 / +49 (0)511-7621.9712

     http://www.l3s.de/~olmedilla/
     E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]