Hi,

I sent one mail one week ago asking for collaboration in order to do some
research on distributions of ham and spam mail among users on the Web. In
order to increase the probability that people trust on what I am saying, I
uploaded a page on the web server of my research institution. The page is
available at http://www.l3s.de/~olmedilla/projects/mail/mail.html

There I explain what is the content of an auto-whitelist and how it can be
extracted. In addition, I show an example of the information I would be
interested in. Please, read the page if you would like to help me.

So far I received only 5 e-mails from people interested in helping me. I would
need much more information to be able to get some conclusions.

I would like to ask again if anyone else would like to help me. The script
takes maximum 5 to 10 seconds to run.  As I said in one of my previous
e-mails, you can check my publications at
http://www.l3s.de/~olmedilla/pub/publications.html
and check my public key (this message is signed) at
http://www.l3s.de/~olmedilla/contact/contact.html
in order to see that I am who I am saying I am :-).

For each person that has sent to me his/her data I have sent to him a small
report with some information on the form:

Total number of e-mail addresses: 21176
Total number of e-mails: 126719
Classification of e-mail addresses:
        Ham: 59.1802%
        Spam: 32.1165%
        Unknown: 8.70325%
Classification of e-mails:
        Ham: 89.3662%
        Spam: 8.89212%
        Unknown: 1.74165%
Frequencies of number of e-mails sent by an e-mail address:
        Ham:
                1 mail sent:   36.6901%
                2 mails sent:  16.4698%
                3 mails sent:  9.36802%
                >3 mails sent: 37.4721%
        Spam:
                1 mail sent:   95.1037%
                2 mails sent:  3.47008%
                3 mails sent:  0.558741%
                >3 mails sent: 0.867519%
        Unknown:
                1 mail sent:   91.6441%
                2 mails sent:  5.26316%
                3 mails sent:  1.35648%
                >3 mails sent: 1.7363%

and I will continue doing it.

Hope you would kindly help me.

Best regards,

        DOC

--
     Daniel Olmedilla
     Learning Lab Lower Saxony (L3S)

     Phone: +49 (0)511 762.9741 / +49 (0)511 7621.9714
     Fax:     +49 (0)511 762.9779 / +49 (0)511-7621.9712

     http://www.l3s.de/~olmedilla/
     E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]