At 04:40 PM 11/3/2004, Dave Goodrich wrote:
Good afternoon,

I just finished testing an upgrade of SA to 3.01 and my scores fell through the floor. Read the docs, tried to use the Wiki, followed everyone else's upgrade on the list. Not sure just what went wrong.

DAve

Here is a sample output of spamassassin -D < test_spam (a known spam that had been caught and scored as follows,

<snip>
debug: received-header: unknown format:
debug: received-header: unknown format:
debug: received-header: unknown format:
debug: received-header: unknown format:

<snip>

There's the cause of your problem.. SA is having problems parsing your received headers.

As a result, SA is failing to properly detect a trust path, and is triggering ALL_TRUSTED, which should never happen for outside mail.

debug: tests=ALL_TRUSTED,DRUGS_ERECTILE,FROM_NO_LOWER,INVALID_DATE,MISSING_SUBJECT,RM_hm_EmtyMsgid
debug: subtests=__DRUGS_ERECTILE3,__DRUGS_ERECTILE_C,__SARE_HTML_HAS_MSG,__UNUSABLE_MSGID

In the short term, force ALL_TRUSTED to 0

        score ALL_TRUSTED 0

Open a bug report pointing out that SA isn't parsing your recieved headers. After you create the bug, attach a sample message to the bug so that the devs can test and fix things.