Hello Bob,

>> Correct. (Except that it isn't compiled --- only spamc is a
>> compiled program --- but that's a nit..)

BM> Yes, I spose I knew that, but meant that I expected a reinstall
BM> using perl Makefile.pl, make, make install would sort that out ...

I found while doing multiple compiles/installs during an upgrade one
day that in some situations I could end up with an "out of sync"
problem like this one, if I reused the installation directory. Since
then I try to always use a brand new directory for each new install,
to keep old configs/files/modules from being erroneously incorporated
into the new system.

Bob Menschel