Johnson, Robert F wrote:
Hi,

I have been having a high occurrence of Japanese false positives since
upgrading from Spam Assassin 2.64 on RedHat 7.3 with MimeDefang 2.31 to
Spam Assassin 3.01 on RedHat Workstation 3.0 installed site wide via
MimeDefang 2.44.  I am wondering if this is due to the problem with Red
Hat 9.0 Unicode UTF-8.  I had no issues with Japanese false positives in
the RH 7.3 based environment.

I've a few articles regarding this issue, but need some help
understanding correct LANG configurations for Spam Assassin 3.01 on
RedHat Workstation 3.0 installed site wide via MimeDefang 2.44.

I currently have the following set in /etc/sysconfig/ i18n:  ( we are US
based)

LANG="en_US"
SUPPORTED="en_US"

I compiled Spam Assassin from tar ball with LANG set to en_US (export
LANG=en_US). Are these settings correct? Could this be causing the
Japanese false positives?

Are there any other known issues that can cause Japanese false positives
using Spam Assassin 3.01?

Thanks for any help!

Rob

Rob,

just a couple obvious questions. what are your ok_locales and ok_languages settings in your sa-mimedefang.cf file set to?

what rules are the japanese emails hitting when they're tagged as false positives?

I'm based in Japan, just recently upgraded to SA 3.01 with MD 2.49 and using a MySQL based bayes database and I've been noticing some quirkiness with Japanese email as well, but haven't really pinned it down yet.

alan