Red
>> Hat 9.0 Unicode UTF-8.  I had no issues with Japanese false positives
in
>> the RH 7.3 based environment.
>>
>> I've a few articles regarding this issue, but need some help
>> understanding correct LANG configurations for Spam Assassin 3.01 on
>> RedHat Workstation 3.0 installed site wide via MimeDefang 2.44.
>>
>> I currently have the following set in /etc/sysconfig/ i18n:  ( we are
US
>> based)
>>
>> LANG="en_US"
>> SUPPORTED="en_US"
>>
>> I compiled Spam Assassin from tar ball with LANG set to en_US (export
>> LANG=en_US).  Are these settings correct?  Could this be causing the
>> Japanese false positives?
>>
>> Are there any other known issues that can cause Japanese false
positives
>> using Spam Assassin 3.01?
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>>
>> Rob
>>

>Rob,
>
>   just a couple obvious questions.  what are your ok_locales and
>ok_languages settings in your sa-mimedefang.cf file set to?
>
>what rules are the japanese emails hitting when they're tagged as false
>positives?
>
>I'm based in Japan, just recently upgraded to SA 3.01 with MD 2.49 and
>using a MySQL based bayes database and I've been noticing some
>quirkiness with Japanese email as well, but haven't really pinned it
>down yet.
>
>alan

[Johnson, Robert F]

Thanks for your reply.

I had ok_locales set to all but didn't have ok_languages explicitly set.
I think that is ok since the default value is supposed to be all.

Based on spt checking of a couple of dozen examples, I didn't see any
significant pattern of out of the box rules being involved, mostly SARE
or WIKI rules.  The most heavily implicated were the following:
(MANGLED and SARE_SUB_CASH_CHAR were probably had the biggest impact.

SARE Rules
SARE_SUB_CASH_CHAR
SARE_RAND_2

WIKI Rules