WS
>3.0
>
>Hello Robert,
>
>Tuesday, November 30, 2004, 9:25:52 PM, Daniel wrote:
>
>DQ> The problem doesn't sound like it's SpamAssassin despite the
subject
>DQ> line of this email, rather it's third-party rulesets.
>
>I agree.
>
>DQ> "Johnson, Robert F" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>>> Based on spt checking of a couple of dozen examples, I didn't see
any
>>> significant pattern of out of the box rules being involved, mostly
SARE
>>> or WIKI rules.  The most heavily implicated were the following:
>>> (MANGLED and SARE_SUB_CASH_CHAR were probably had the biggest
impact.

>>> SARE Rules
>>> SARE_SUB_CASH_CHAR
>>> SARE_RAND_2
>
>Can you email a couple of examples to me that hit these rules to me,
>preferably in a zip or gz file? I maintain the Subject rules file for
>SARE, and would like to refine/rescore SARE_SUB_CASH_CHAR to help
>avoid your FPs. I'll also forward the info to the SARE ninja that
>maintains our Random rules file.
>
>>> WIKI Rules
>>> MANGLED_LIST
>>> MANGLED_LIPS
>>> J_CHICKENPOX_12
>>> J_CHICKENPOX_22
>
>All of these are language-related rules, which work well in English,
>might be subject to an occasional misfire in a non-English Western
>European language, and can readily misfire in any
>non-Latin/non-Romance language. If you regularly get non-spam in
>Japanese, you should probably drop the entire MANGLED and CHICKENPOX
>families. If you're using Tripwire, you should drop that also since it
>too can misfire on Japanese non-spam.
>
>Bob Menschel

[Johnson, Robert F] Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to get some example for your analysis.  I may have to attempt
a repro of the issue.  I will let you know soon.

Could the SARE team provide a guideline regarding the best SARE and WIKI
rules sets to work in an environment that supports the following
languages?

Maybe some sort of a local language compatibility matrix would be useful
to many users.  I would be happy to help put that together in any way I
could.

Japanese, Korean, traditional and simplified Chinese, English, assorted
European.

Regards,

Rob