On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, David B Funk wrote:

> Total agreement with this, but try to actually deploy it, client issues
> galore.
> Eudora will not let you set any port other than 25 for outgoing SMTP.

Technically you can, but effectively you are right since they make you jump
through hoops to do so.  You have to move a file called literraly 'esoteric'
from an extrastuf directory to the main install. We found the procedure on
their site, and also have it in our support base.

http://friday.westnet.com/faq/article.php?id=012

And the truely bizzare thing is -- it used to be there by default, and they
actually took it out.

> Outlook will let you set an alternate SMTP port but if you do it breaks
> TLS. etc...

I use this as another way to convince people to move away from Outlook. :-)

-Chris

Chris Candreva  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- (914) 967-7816
http://www.westnet.com/