On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 04:17, Michael Parker wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 07:47:35PM +0000, Jeff Ramsey wrote:
> > ssh $SERVER "
> >         echo ; echo 'Learning ham...' ; echo ;
> >         sa-learn --ham --showdots --mbox $TMPHDIR ;
>
> Ok
>
> >         echo 'Unlearning bad ham...' ; echo ;
> >         sa-learn --ham --forget --showdots --mbox $TMPSDIR ;
>
> Ok, unless you consider the next line
>
> >         echo 'Learning spam...' ; echo ;
> >         sa-learn --spam --showdots --mbox $TMPSDIR ;
>
> Ok, but really if you are gonna do this then you don't need the
> --forget, bayes will do the right thing.

I removed the unlearn line. I was not sure if bayes would do the right
thing.

> >         echo 'Removing spam senders from AWL...' ; echo ;
> >         spamassassin -R --mbox $TMPSDIR"
>
> You realize that AWL also serves as a blacklist right?  I guess you
> could remove it all, but I wouldn't recommend it.  Granted, it is
> possible that if you're talking about mail that passed as ham, then
> the address might have a positive AWL score that you don't really
> want.  If anything here, I would call --add-addr-to-blacklist to give
> them 100 points in AWL.

The only problem that I see with doing the '--add-addr-to-blacklist' is
that it would 'blacklist' my email address as well. spamassassin -R
--mbox reads the addresses in the header as well as any that are in the
body. Is there a way that I can add the senders to blacklist, and not
myself in the process?

--
Jeff Ramsey
MIS Administrator