I was wondering what method you guys & gals prefer for upgrading spamassassin
on the more mainstream rpm based distros (MDK/Fedora/rh/SUSE).

I have a SUSE 9.1 server, running spamassassin through amavisd-new.  Works
like a charm.  I decided to give the CPAN thing a try.  logged in, updated
all the relevant perl things (acutally I was wishing to upgrade everything
perl related listed in amavisd-new's logfile, sa being one of them).  Somehow
this broke spamassassin very badly.  Couldn't even run sa-learn!

So I downloaded the tarball and built rpms using the included spec file with
rpmbuild - this fixed it nicely.

Just curious

Thanks
--