Michael W Cocke wrote:

A serious bug seems to have crept into amavis somewhere, or maybe
BerkeleyDB - stability has gone to hell.  In any case, I'm starting to
think about replacing Amavisd. I can't afford to futz around with my
email server - it needs to work.

Currently I run postfix, amavisd, spamassassin, clam & fprot (most
recent stable versions of all).

Recommendations?

I've been using MailScanner for some 3 years nearly and it's great! Totally reliable. As is the support.
http://www.mailscanner.info

Thanks!

Mike-

--
Mornings:  Evolution in action.  Only the grumpy will survive.
--

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have installed site-wide spam
filters at catherders.com. If email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded, non-attachments.

believed to be clean.