From: Matt Kettler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 2:32 PM
To: Matias Lopez Bergero; users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: DCC implementation questions

At 04:12 PM 2/9/2005, Matias Lopez Bergero wrote:
>It's dccm a better implementation rater than dccproc for those who are
>using Sendmail? And if this is yes, how do I need to configure SA to
work
>with dccm? I couldn't find anything about dccm and SA.

You can't configure SA to use dccm, because dccm is a milter, and is
intended to be called directly by sendmail, not by another milter such
as
milter-spamc.

However, SA does support two interfaces to dcc.

If dccifd is running and the socket is available, SA will use that. This
is
the faster method, but it only gets used if dccifd is running.

Otherwise, SA will spawn dccproc, slower.

There's no extra configuration to SA needed at all, SA automatically
detects the presence of either tool and uses the fastest one. All you
need
to do is start dccifd and SA will find it.

If you want to check what method SA is using, run spamassassin --lint
-D.