On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 12:07:44PM +0100, Sander Holthaus - Orange XL wrote:

> > debug: diag: module installed: MIME::Base64, version 2.12
>
> You should upgrade that one

This on a Debian Woody system.  I have installed it from
www.backports.org and it is the latest one available for Debian.

> > debug: diag: module installed: Net::DNS, version 0.48
> > debug: diag: module not installed: Net::LDAP ('require' failed)
> > debug: diag: module not installed: Razor2::Client::Agent
> > ('require' failed)
> > debug: diag: module installed: Storable, version 1.014
> > debug: diag: module installed: URI, version 1.18
>
> You should probably upgrade this one as well

Same here.

> > debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/70_sare_header_x264_x30.cf
>
> This one is not intended for 3.x, already included in the base distribution.
>
> > debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/70_sare_header_x30.cf
>
> This one is not intended for 3.x, already included in the base distribution.

Thanks.
> In general, you might try replacing those SARE 2 and 3 rulesets will other
> rulessets that will hit more on spam and less on ham. See
> www.rulesemporium.com for more rulesets.

I have installed them after visiting www.rulesemporium.com.  It is not
easy to see there which rules "will hit mor on spam and less on ham".

> Also, check you memory usage, spamd will tend to get very large when
> using many rule-sets (50MB is not uncommon if you're running with
> many extra rules-sets)

I have had problems with 2.63 and 2.64 at one stage, but not at the
moment.

> Also, consider using Razor (and if you have
> the resources, DCC and Pyzor).  They will hit on a lot of spam. For
> me at least, Razor the second best test after Bayes.

Thanks.  I have not used Razor in the past because I was cautious to
stretch my resources too far.  I will probably try it out now.

Thank you for taking the trouble to help me.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his
      face to shine upon us."          Psalms 67:1