On 2/18/2005 2:17 PM, Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 02:03 PM 2/18/2005, Eric A. Hall wrote:
>
>>http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.0/sql/README
>>(which has a bad MIME-type definition, btw [text/english is not real])
>>says that SQL lookups are only used with spamd, and so presumably they are
>>not used with spamassassin itself. Further poking seems to prove this
>>assumption correct.
>>
>>Is this correct? If so, is there intent on adding this functionality?
>
> I'd be a bit surprised.. the plain "spamassassin" command line isn't really
> well suited to high volume production use. It's more intended for very
> simple setups that handle small amounts of mail.

That's not mutually exclusive, and is actually somewhat inclusive. I mean,
if people are using the spamassassin script on a low-volume basis, then
there's a low volume of SQL/LDAP lookups, so the complaint is nulled.

>>Because of my postfix/SA setup I'm not able to use spamd very easily.
>
> Why not? spamc should be a more-or-less drop in replacement for calls to
> spamassassin once spamd is started...

I'm using a third-party script for the in-line proxy, and it daemonizes
spamassassin on its own.