After your first time being a victim of cyberstalking you'll soon enough wish your "from" line was as generic as mine. People who put their full name in the From: line haven't been mugged yet. I spent a year learning about this 1985-1986.

As a byproduct of this habit of mine, when I see a "To: John" or other name than mine it's automatically spam, especially when it cannot even get the gender right.

{^_-}

On 2018-01-19 08:10, sha...@shanew.net wrote:
I've got a basic plugin written for this now, but I'd like to do a
litle more testing before I make it widely available.  If you have
mail samples (ham or spam) with an "@" character in the name part of
the From field that you're willing to share, let me know.

BTW, I've already run into some false-positive situations, the most
common being things from yahoogroups, which apparently writes the
"true" sender address in the name part of From (they also dkim sign,
so not too hard to work around).  I started trying to handle these in
the plugin itself, but I'm beginning to think these would be better as
separate rules and then combined as metas to mitigate the actual
mismatch score.