On 1/23/2018 5:55 AM, Zulma Pape wrote:

I have just read about the Cloud AutoML and how Google made it possible for users to train their own custom machine learning algorithms from scratch.

So the first thing that I got in my mind is, can we use this service to build our own Spam Filter based on the users experience.

In other words, can we integrate the Cloud AutoML into our server's spam filter and make it behave the same way Gmail behave ?

Of course you can.  Build a corpus of ham and spam and use it to train.

ML really isn't "new", nor is "bigdata" to spam analysis.  Just new names for the existing items sometimes.  SA has been during Bayesian automatic classification and training with distributed computing through masscheck/ruleqa for about 2 decades.  In fact, I would say anti-spam is one of the single best black or white decision making processes for anti-spam.  Most of my research focuses on shading that decision because it's not always that easy or the same for different people.

Anyway, Good training is critical just so focus on your corpora!

Regards,

KAM