On 01/23/2018 12:36 PM, Alex wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 10:17 AM, David Jones <djo...@ena.com> wrote:
First, if anyone from Microsoft is on this list, please setup proper
outbound spam filtering, rate limiting, and compromised account detection
with locking to prevent junk like this.

I have seen a recent increase in the number of outbound junk and phishing
emails that I keep reporting to SpamCop who reports it to Microsoft.

https://pastebin.com/c2c2ETYi

Any ideas other than maintaining a complex regex on body matches?  I have
tried this with good success but it's creating a few FPs.  I could limit it
to O365 servers but that is a lot these days.

We address these with a series of meta rules involving "target market"
combined with a few meta rules involving "Title, Company name, Phone
number" etc...

My "list acquire" rule looks like
/(list\b|target\b|contacts|database|acquire\b|acquiring|campaign|verified
email|leads)/i which is required to start.

Mine looks very similar but I have 3 word combinations that need to be near each other with ".{1,30}" between them to try to be a little flexible on the sentences without FPs. I think my problem was the word "info" was in the middle of the 3 words and that was matching way too much so I removed that.

Now I have used a meta rule to limit it to O365 outbound servers and will let this ride a while to make sure it's a little more conservative with fewer FPs.

--
David Jones