On 01/25/2018 04:49 AM, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
On 01/25/18 11:19, Bill Shirley wrote:
I'm all for tightening up standards compliance with email, but what I would see
if this would happen is a request from my customers saying:
Bob'semails (b...@bad-spf.com) are going to the spam folder; whitelist him
please
Bob's email admin won't ever know that his SPF is failing.

IMHO when the majority (including some big providers) will put Bob's email into
spam folders, his admin will take a look at his spf records; nobody knows if it
will work or not but I think it is worth trying.
Nobody cared about https till last year, now even very simple web sites uses it
only because web browsers are giving warnings, not because they do care about
security.
  Giovanni

Exactly. If we partnered with Google (maybe Google Summer of Code) to add DMARC and ARC support to SA. Then we announce that we want to move these email standards forward over the next two years.

This would help in the fight against spoofing and improve our options to whitelist good senders to better target the spammers.

--
David Jones