Anyone on this list that knows the mail admins/contacts for centurylink.net and embarqmail.com? This mail server has legit email for centurylink.net and embarqmail.com plus a lot of other spam coming out of it.

It's listed on a number of RBLs making this very hard to allow ham through and block spam.

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/206.152.134.66.html

The PTR and A records for this IP are mail.onyx.syn-alias.com which is also a bit odd since the SMTP HELO is smtp.centurylink.net. These don't have to match but it's best if they did to help prove ownership and trustworthiness.

https://pastebin.com/YidWCqp8

I have had a customer of ours request whitelisting of centurylink.net and embarqmail.com email based on this problem and it's causing problems. It can't be whitelisted due to a lot of junk coming from it so I had to make some custom local rules to do this.

It would be best if the centurylink.net and embarqmail.com mail didn't egress onto the Internet from an IP that was listed on so many RBLs.

SOLUTION: Setup a new mail relay with FCrDNS and the SMTP HELO matching and get SPF and DKIM working properly for centurylink.net and embarqmail.com so the rest of the Internet can properly filter/allow this email.

--
David Jones