On 17 Feb 2018, at 14:48 (-0500), Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

I gave you a suggestion the other day. Your configuration is wrong.  You aren't passing lint

Look at that line 717 or if that's not the right line number, look at your configuration around your DB for Bayes.

I'm not sure that Bayes has anything to do with it specifically. To get to Parser.pm line 571, it seems to me that the Parser needs to read a line that starts with "ifplugin" (or "if plugin") and that it is expecting a plugin name argument on that line. I can reproduce the base error by adding these 2 lines to any of the .pre or .cf files in the site preferences directory or to the active user_prefs file:

  ifplugin
  endif

The one oddity is that I don't get any '<DATA> line [number]' clause in the error message from creating that broken config. This may be a Windows-specific quirk (I don't have a Windows machine for testing) or it may indicate some more arcane issue in how the configuration is being parsed.

So the thing to look for is 'ifplugin' in local.cf, any other *.pre or *.cf file in the same directory as local.cf, or your user_prefs file. It should be followed by the name of a plugin, a block of lines defining rules or setting configuration parameters, and an "endif" line.