Matt wrote:
> When I first updated to Spamassassin 3.0.2 in December it worked
> great and stopped 95% of my junk.  Now its down to about 65%

SURBL is very effective for me.  Maybe your Bayes is out of whack?  Try
deleting the DB and letting it reinitialize.

> It sure would be nice if the rules were able to dynamically update
> like a virus scanner but from reading the FAQ this just is not
> possible.  I would think it would just be a matter of updating the
> *.cf files in "/usr/share/spamassassin/".

RulesDuJour does something similar to this.

> Another thing is I have several domains.  One is from our dialup ISP
> 10 years old.  It has several email addresses that are dead and
> receive nothing but junk and lots of it.  About 20 pieces or more an
> hour.  Is there anyway I can use these to improve the effectiveness
> of Spamassassin?

Why aren't you RCPT-rejecting these at the perimeter?  Please tell me you're
not generating bounce messages for all of these.  Some of that spam might be
spoofed from my address.

Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"