On 17 Apr 2018, at 16:38, David Jones wrote:

On 04/17/2018 03:29 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
Dave, why would it go into EPEL?  SpamAssassin is a core RPM.

Oh yeh. I guess because it's been so long since we had an update and my main boxes are running CentOS/SL 6.9 that I forgot it was a core package. The CentOS 5 and 6 boxes out there aren't going to get the new version unless it gets put in some other repo like EPEL or another third party since they are not getting any updates.

My understanding of EPEL policy is that its packages never replace the EL base packages.

It is often possible to install RPMs from the Fedora updates repos that are analogous to your EL/CentOS version.