On 29.04.18 20:02, L A Walsh wrote:
Stop thinking that silently rejecting an email isn't the same
as dropping.

I have never said anything about silent rejection. SMTP message

"550 5.7.1 Spam Refused"

is NOT a silent rejection - it is a VERBOSE rejection by (e.g. my) mail
server, and sending (e.g. your) mailserver is supposed to construct DSN to
the sender (e.g. you).

If your mailserver does not construct the bounce or drops it, it is NOT my
fault because my mail server has verbosely refused to take the message.

It's even much more likely that this message will get to the sender than if
my mail server accepted such mail and sent a bounce, because many bounces
are spammy and many spam filters are likely to drop bounces, especially
those received from remote servers.

If this is what you are angry at, you are whining at wrong side, rejecting
mail is correct, not sending or droping bounce is what's wrong and it
happens on senders side.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
STOP calling rejection a dropping.
Rejecting is NOT dropping.
They are two different things.

If you try to hand me an envelope, and I will refuse to take it, It is NOT
the same as if I took it and dropped to trash.
---
        That's because I received a rejection.

And it's the rejection equivalent to "550 5.7.1 Spam Refused", instead of
bounce, which can be compared to another envelope with part of original mail
stuck inside.

Your rant is completely useless.
---
        Apparently you don't know what "rejecting" is, vs.
silently dropping it into the trash.  The latter is dropping.

see above. What you are blaming us for, is the proper way to reject e-mail.

If some dropping happens, it happens at different stage which outside of
receiving server's scope.

I will repeat that,  if you send mail through your MSP, and the mail gets
rejected by remote mail server, it's your MSP's job to properly notify you
about the mail being rejected.

If it does not, it's your MSP's fault.

If your MSP delivered the mail to remote mailserver and the remote server
would create a bounce, then it would be your MSP's job to deliver bounce to you.
However, your MSP likely drops many of bounces sent to your addresses as
result of mail forgeries, which you certainly don't want to receive, and the
mentioned bounce may be dropped.

If it is dropped, it's your MSP's "fault".

I have even encountered complaints about mail sent via remote MSP's (not the
one that would receive mail) and then not getting the bounce (because
receiving MSP expectedly considered the bounce to be spammy).

Simply said, if you want to receive a DSN, you must cooperate with your MSP
and avoid sending mail through other MSPs to avoid useless bounces.

Rejections are not the problem here. It's just the opposite: accepting mail
and then sending a bounce is what causes the loss.  And in both cases the
loss happens on se3nding MSPs side.

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901