On Tue, 18 Jul 2018, Chip M. wrote:

Here's the SA test stats for 13 of this new morph:
 FORGED_MUA_MOZILLA          1
 HTML_MESSAGE               13
 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG      13
 LOCALPART_IN_SUBJECT       13
 MIME_BASE64_TEXT            9
 MIME_HTML_ONLY             13
 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL           1
 RDNS_DYNAMIC                3
 TVD_RCVD_SPACE_BRACKET      6
 UNPARSEABLE_RELAY           6

This new variant should be easy to exterminate. :)

1. The quick and easy combo of "HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG" and
  "LOCALPART_IN_SUBJECT" is worth a meta.
  The latter test is _VERY_ rare in Ham.

Not according to masscheck.

overlap ham: 48% of LOCALPART_IN_SUBJECT hits also hit HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG; 0% of HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG hits also hit LOCALPART_IN_SUBJECT (spam 3%)

No spam overlap at all. Masscheck would not promote that.

2. Another meta with those two and "MIME_BASE64_TEXT" is even safer.

Part of that is a little better. Adding.

3. Pure numeric TLDs appear to be non existent (so far!), so I look
  forward to you regex wizards doing your thing. :)

Adding some test rules for that.

4. There's lots of low risk phrases worth scoring (KAM rules?).
5. Riskier & more complex:  The pattern of the account name occurring
  hundreds of times in HTML comments is distinctive, and "feels"
  safe, however Thick Hammers are unpredictable.
  I will be releasing a regression test for my volunteers.
  Once I get sufficient Ham stats, I'll report back.

That will be difficult to look for but the format is consistent enough that a simpler comment rule might work.

  Back in 1969 the technology to fake a Moon landing didn't exist,
  but the technology to actually land there did.
  Today, it is the opposite.                               -- unknown
 3 days until the 49th anniversary of Apollo 11 landing on the Moon