On Mon, 23 Jul 2018, Pedro David Marco wrote:

Not exactly a SA question but...

i am planning to run my own RBL with a nameserver, that when queried for an IP
that is not in its database, does some calculations with that IP and replies
accordingly (caching the results)...

Please, does anyone know of any nameserver that can do that? To my knowledge
RBLDNSD cannot do it...

Thanks in advance!

What kind of 'calculations with that IP' ?
Is it dynamic factored with some kind of external coefficients or is it a more static mapping?

If the latter you may be able to use something like RBLDNSD.
With RBLDNSD you can define overlapping zones and it will pick the most specific one.

EG: 0.0.0/0 == some default value
    41.0.0.0/8 == some other value
    41.23.0.0/16 == yet another value

etc...

Put your coding into a map generator, then push the results into RBLDNSD.
It can handle 10^5+ entires with no sweat.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>