On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 16:33:53 +0000 (UTC)
Pedro David Marco wrote:

>     On Monday, September 17, 2018, 6:29:33 PM GMT+2, RW
> <rwmailli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>  >If that actually occurred in the body it would be normalized to
> >apache apache apache
> >
> >If you mean >apache
> >
> >apache
> >
> >apache>then my understanding is that a body rule would run
> >apache>independently oneach instance of 'apache', not on
> >apache>'apache\napache\napache\n'.
>
> Yes you are right... the question is how to "regex" along different
> paragraphs...

You can sometimes work around it with rawbody rules.

I don't know why body rules work that way. If the normalized body were
stored as single-line paragraphs separated by newlines (perhaps broken
into large blocks), it would make make it possible to write more
reliable body rules without changing the behaviour of existing rules.