On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 08:48:43 -0400
Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> On 9/19/2018 6:00 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> > # SPF THAT DOESN'T REALLY CARE IF EMAIL IS A FORGERY
> >> ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AskDNS
> >>  askdns   JMQ_SPF_NEUTRAL_ALL _SENDERDOMAIN_ TXT /^v=spf1 .+\?all$/
> >>  describe JMQ_SPF_NEUTRAL_ALL SPF set to ?all!
> >>  score    JMQ_SPF_NEUTRAL_ALL 0.5
> >> endif
> >
> > do you not check for "+all" by a reason?
>
> Would you believe I thought we were?  I misread the regex like a year
> ago.  Updating now.

  /^v=spf1 .+(\?|\+)all$/

.+ should be .* or it wont match

  'v=spf1 +all'

I would remove the '$' as it doesn't appear do anything useful and could
prevent matches on weird spf records.

It may be worth splitting them into two rules for '?' and '+', there's
no dns overhead and they seem like significantly different cases.